Friday, June 09, 2006

A Centennial Celebration

It's my 100th post!!!

So much has happened since my little blog's inception it makes my head spin!

My first post was a bit of a trial thing, since I had been lurking on many other blogs for months, but was terrified of starting one of my own ("What if no one reads this stuff? What if everyone thinks my writing stinks?"). Of course, my writing isn't exactly publishing material, and I still only have the 10 of you that actually read this stuff (ha!), but I've come a long way in a few short months, Baby!

I've stood on a soap box and vented, I struggled with potty-training (that is the understatement of the century), proudly celebrated it's success on an ongoing basis. I've failed miserably (and publicly) with housework, and, most definitely, God used my crazy, dramatic life story to speak to other people while healing me in the process.

And just as I was getting settled in my non-dramatic life, God decided to pull the rug out from under my feet.

In between I've met some absolutely amazing, phenomenal, out-of-this-world friends (and re-connected with some old ones) who have been a tremendous support system for me with their sincere encouragement, fervent prayers, and laughter. Because of all of you, I am a forever changed person.

So here's to the next 100 posts! Let's see what God has in store!!

10 Comments:

At 6/12/2006 4:29 PM, Blogger Minnie said...

HA! Now THAT was funny, tlb! :o)

 
At 6/12/2006 9:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great hundredth post, I'll have to bookmark it and read all the posts you've highlighted.

 
At 6/13/2006 8:55 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Minnie, I am so proud of you. You have brought so much joy to my life. I think about you just about every day. I wonder why? :)

 
At 6/13/2006 9:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Congratulations! And how are you feeling, by the way? P. and I are still praying . . .

 
At 6/13/2006 9:05 AM, Blogger the voice said...

Happy 1ooth! May God bless you, and fill you with inspirations for 100's more! Ken

 
At 6/13/2006 2:28 PM, Blogger Kate said...

Wow!! 100 posts - That rocks! You know, I think of you so much and quite often. But your testimony stuck a chord in me -it's all GOD! And of course I hope to meet you someday. Now get busy and show us your tan!

 
At 6/13/2006 2:31 PM, Blogger Jeana said...

Well slap me silly, I made it under "amazing"! Here's to you, hoping you continue to celebrate your Minnie Moments in a Major way, and share for 100's more posts.

 
At 6/13/2006 8:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed reading your posts, and as we planned once long ago I look forward to meeting you sometime. Sorry it fell through last time. You should do one of those 100 Things About Me posts. I just finished mine. If you do, I'll try to be the first to read it!

 
At 6/18/2006 6:57 AM, Blogger Leslie said...

What a great post! Please keep me informed on what is going on with you. Right now, checking e-mail is difficult. (It doesn't have to be because I can get hotmail, but I don't want to deal with that . . . well, long story) Anyway, I'm praying for you.

 
At 6/22/2006 10:54 PM, Blogger Shelley said...

Happy 100! You make me smile.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home