Friday, May 05, 2006

I'm back from my week-long stay at "The Spa"

That's what I'm calling it, anyway.

I went to my scheduled appointment with the Neurologist on Monday afternoon too see what kind of insight he could give us on these crazy seizures I've been having. After explaining that I was still having seizures even though I was on a very high dose of Anti-Seizure medication (seriously - I was a walking zombie), he opted for me to be placed into the hospital immediately for a week of observation and taken off my meds (WOO HOO!).

My reaction? Blank stare and "You want to put wires in my head? For a WEEK!? But no kids, or house work? Okay, I'm game!"

So I've been hooked up to an EEG machine all week and have been put through two nights of sleep deprivation, forced hyperventilation, and had a strobe light flashed in my face for several minutes. What FUN!! :o) But all of my sweet friends visited me every day and we had a big ole' party Tuesday night to help me stay awake.

It was all worth it because, once again, I got to share Jesus with the people taking care of me and I have now convinced a Pakistani gentleman to come with us to church this weekend with his wife and 2-year-old son. What's even better? They are Hindu! But after watching me and my friends all week and being able to witness to him, he is 'intrigued' (as he put it) about this "Christian life I'm living" and this dude, Jesus that we seem to be so in love with.

HOW AWESOME IS THAT!!!???

I have LOTS of hilarious stories (did you expect less from me?) and even more funny pictures (I was stuck in a bed for a week. alone. with a camera.) that I will be posting later.

Until then, it's great to be home!

7 Comments:

At 5/05/2006 5:42 PM, Blogger Carol said...

Welcome home! I didn't know you were in the hospital. And you will get the results of the tests...when? Am a bit concerned about you, although I am totally awed by your positive attitude. The hindu guy has reason to be intrigued! (Way to go on the whole share the gospel thing, sister!)

 
At 5/05/2006 6:10 PM, Blogger Jeana said...

Hey, I was wondering where you were! And were you obedient to have a seizure like they wanted you to so they could observe? (I'm assuming that was the purpose of the strobe light? I do watch hospitol dramas, so I'm quite the expert.)

Still praying for you, girl!

 
At 5/06/2006 8:25 AM, Blogger Minnie said...

I didn't know I was going to be in the hospital, either, so we were all surprised! :o) No test results to look forward to. They just had me hooked up to the EEG machine to capture my seizure activity. I did have one, but it was a mild one. I'm on MUCH better medication now and follow up with the DR in a week. No more foggy head! YAHOO! :o)

 
At 5/06/2006 8:25 AM, Blogger Free In Christ said...

I'm so touched by your ability to see the good through this situation. You are using your "problems" to share Christ with others. Hey, isn't that what we are to do. Have your read this letter from John Piper on suffering. Check it out.

http://www.desiringgod.org/library/fresh_words/2006/021506.html


It is a fresh perspective on the sovereingty of God.

 
At 5/06/2006 3:59 PM, Blogger the voice said...

I think it's awesome that you were able to use your "spa" stay to share your love of Jesus. Not sure I would call that a spa experience, though. And I'm a little scared that you brought a camera with you to the hospital, but it's a funny scared. Hope the results are good for you. I'll keep praying! God bless you, Ken

 
At 5/09/2006 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wondering where you were, keep us posted

 
At 5/23/2006 7:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. I should have not left a comment at the first post you pointed to in your most recent post about your health issues.
You are AMAZING! Sick and still being His hands and feet...
I wish I would have come to your place before now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home