Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Medicine Head

Talk about a whirl-wind week! I can't believe it's already Wednesday! This medicine has gotten me ALL jacked up. I have just been spending my days trying to get used to this new "life" of mine and on the phone with doctors offices and hospitals. That is SOME FUN, I tell ya! Plus, I've had some pretty great visitors and phone calls to boot, so not much time for blogging (not that I haven't been thinking of ya'll. Kiss kiss!).

My sweet friends, Lauren and Darlene came over Monday morning and helped me tackle Kale's room and closet that I have been avoiding like the plague for about 6 weeks (now THAT'S friendship!). Then my fabulous neighbor took me to Target so I could get some grocery shopping done in the afternoon (how old lady am I?), and that evening the super-hubs dropped me off at the mall BY MYSELF (are you sooo jealous?) for some alone time with the debit card and the oh-so-fabulous new spring fashions. :o) And the best part? I found the BEST JEANS EVER that I can wear right off the hanger and I don't have to have them altered!!!! It was pure bliss, my friends. Pure bliss. I even gushed at how joyful I was to the girl behind the counter (who, by the way, weighed as much as a twig and was 6 feet tall). She didn't understand my state of euphoria. No, I didn't slap her. Yes, I wanted to. Really badly. But I didn't.

Yesterday my other sweet friend Marni came over with lunch and some home-made body scrub and soap (I guess she thinks I stink) and some great conversation. And even best, last night was Date Night since we've missed out the past few weeks from Granny's visit and my little drama last week. The kids hung out and grubbed down on some pizza over at Dar's house (thanks Dar!) so we could enjoy ourselves. It was so nice to chillax with my sweetie for awhile. Too bad I was hopped up on meds and all foggy-headed. We had dinner at a trendy new bistro and it was really busy, so suffice it to say I was easily distracted by sudden movements and shiny objects (Jake will argue that this is not a side effect from the medicine, but simply one of my many quirks).

Tonight is eyebrow waxing night. Woohoo! No more looking like Brooke Shields in her Calvin Klein days.

Tomorrow night is this big dinner meeting at some big huge house to meet with our pastor and his wife for reasons we're not quite crystal clear on. I'm just in it for the potentially awesome conversation and atmosphere. And getting out of the house (not that I haven't been out of the house at all, but I'm always game for going somewhere).

And then this weekend is our church's Women's Retreat. Our satellite campus is taking a bus to the hotel. Not the short bus, like Jake says they're putting me on, but a really nice, chartered one so we don't have to fight with traffic. And we get to have dinner while we ride. How cool is that? No stress. No fuss, no muss. Just stuffing my face and chatting with the girls.

I keep teasing that I'll be bringing the pitchers of margaritas, because what's a bus ride without margaritas, right? They are totally sweating because they never know if I'm kidding or not. In fact, they don't know WHAT to think of me MOST of the time. Who knows. Maybe I am, maybe I'm not. ;o) I guess we'll all find out when the bus pulls out tomorrow, won't we?

2 Comments:

At 4/27/2006 8:16 AM, Blogger Carol said...

So, sounds to me like your Heavenly Father has paid you a visit...or two. And you're planning to spend a bit more time with Him over the upcoming days? Most excellent.

 
At 4/27/2006 9:22 AM, Blogger the voice said...

chillax? I just love new words! The meds thing will work itself out in time. It's nice that you have support all around you. Have a great time at your retreat. My wife just loves the retreat she goes to each year. It's always nice to refresh a little. God bless you, Ken

 

Post a Comment

<< Home