Friday, April 21, 2006

Why can't I just let this go?

I just don't get it.

Maybe that's a good thing, I guess. I don't know. You tell me.

My dad was 30 minutes away from me when I was in the hospital. He never came to see me. He flew in Wednesday night from MN from a business trip and drove to his hotel in Denton where he had an early morning meeting.

The hospital is 30 minutes from the airport. He could have stopped by and seen me on his way to the hotel.

He called Thursday morning after his meeting on his way home. He said couldn't stop by because he had to get home to pack. For his cruise. That was leaving the next morning.

When I called him out on his selfishness, he had to let me go.

I'm so done with being shit on by my own father.

6 Comments:

At 4/21/2006 2:53 PM, Blogger PEZmama said...

Minnie, that is so tough, and so unfair. I know how you feel when you say you are done. I have been there. Unfortunately, your father may not be done, but this is a reflection of him. Never believe that it is about you.

My prayer for you is that you will know God's Fatherhood in a way that pleases you beyond anything you could imagine, and frees you from needing stuff from your dad that he is unwilling, or unable to give.

I hope that did not sound preachy. I only say these things because I can relate in many ways, but have experienced the healing that God offers.

 
At 4/21/2006 4:56 PM, Blogger Shelley said...

We need to get together again. :-)

 
At 4/21/2006 5:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This may sound rough, but you are going to have to QUIT expecting him to be something he is not capable of being. I am saying this to myself too. God will heal the pain.

 
At 4/21/2006 11:54 PM, Blogger the voice said...

Best thing you can do for both of you is to accept him as he is. Expect that he will do these things. If you figure on him messing up all the time, the disappointment won't be as great, and when he actually acts like a real person, it will seem that much more nice.

 
At 4/23/2006 10:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Amanda Minnie. We can't change anyone, including those we love. I'm sorry it hurt you.
Kristina

 
At 4/24/2006 6:33 PM, Blogger Kate said...

I'm so sorry for you. I probably don't have the right words. I know when I'm hurt deeply it can be hard for me to hear what others say. Just know though that I am praying for you. I think of you often Minnie. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home