Sunday, April 30, 2006

10 Simple Pleasures

Stephanie tagged me on 10 Simple Pleasures I enjoy. I was tagged a few times before I decided to be all "dramatic" and, well, now too much time has passed for it to be as cool and effective. If I can get my brain to work, I will go back and work on those, but until then and while this is fresh, here is my list of 10 Simple Pleasures, or as I'd like to dub them

"10 Simple Pleasures When You're On Seizure Medication and Can't Operate Heavy Machinery or Drive (Or Think Straight) (not that you ever could in the first place, but let's just pretend, mmmkay?)"

1) My amazing friends who have pulled through for prayer, hot meals, come over and helped me clean my house, taken me grocery shopping, listened to me whine on the phone for an hour, sent me fowers, or sent me a funny card to make me smile.

2) My husband. He is my everything. He makes me laugh daily and he reminds me to keep on truckin' and that the Lord has an amazing plan for us and He's going to get us through this hump and we're going to look back and say "WOW! Look at what He has done for us and we deserve NONE of it!" (How about THAT for a run-on sentence?)

3) My kids' smiles. Man, how can you not enjoy a kid's smile? Their sheer joy and innocence and total obliviousness to what's going on around them.

4) Getting to serve at my church every week. Seeing all of the countless families come in and all of the life-change going on and knowing that I have a part in that. I find so much pleasure in that.

5) Naps. When we get home from being up at church ALL DAY LONG on Sundays, Jake and I just collapse on Sunday afternoons. So I find sheer pleasure in naps! Mondays are spent recovering from what we refer to lovingly as the Holy Hangover, but Sundays are spent on the couches napping (in turns! It's Jake's turn right now).

6) Driving!! I can't drive anywhere until I'm seizure-free for six months and, well, I'm still currently having seizures with the latest one Friday night, so it looks like my car will remain in Park for a while.

7) Acting like an idiot with my husband. We have NO SHAME and he makes me almost wet my pants laughing with his antics. We're all about the physical comedy around here and we always try and out-do each other. It's quite a sight. Trust me. Now that I'm home all day, I have plenty of time to think up all kinds of practical jokes to play on my husband. *be afraid Jake*

8) Date night with my sweetie. Sometimes that is all that gets me through my week.

9) A "just because" funny card in the mail box from one of my dearest friends that put a much-needed smile on my face and made me laugh out-loud (Thanks G-Nelly!).

10) LAUGHTER!!!! No matter what is going on in my life, or what is happening, if I can't find some way to laugh, then there is just no point in even getting out of bed. So find something to laugh at!!!! :o) And don't be afraid to laugh at yourself, for goodness sake.

4 Comments:

At 4/30/2006 8:40 PM, Blogger Kate said...

What a great list. So true, so true- if you have nothing to laugh at, then what's the purpose! I'll laugh at my cat for goodness sakes if I need a good laugh! (She's used to it now!)
I wish I was closer to take you on some errands - I know we'd have fun fun fun!

 
At 5/01/2006 11:58 AM, Blogger Buffy said...

I think I'm gonna put this exercise to the side and do it the next time Im feeling low.

 
At 5/02/2006 1:10 PM, Blogger the voice said...

What an awesome list, and what an awesome sense of humor. Your right about laughter being so important in our lives. God bless you. Ken

 
At 5/03/2006 11:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great list minnie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home