Monday, March 13, 2006

The Break Is Over, Now Open Up The Floodgates

So I took a break. A much-needed one. Not because I have drama or anything, but I have just felt completely exhausted lately. Never-mind the obvious reasons why I would be feeling overly-fatigued: husband, kids, house, ministry, blah, blah, blah. There's more to it. I keep contemplating asking God what it may be, but I'm terrified to because I know that as soon as I do He's going to open this huge flood gate and all of this crap I have locked away nice and safe is going to come oozing out at break-neck speed.

Okay, so maybe I have some idea of what my problem may be, but I really don't feel like dealing with dramatics right now. I feel like stomping my feet on the ground and screaming "I don't wanna! I don't wanna, wanna, wanna!!" Because, well? I'm pretty content with hanging out with my family right now issue-free. If that's wrong, then I don't want to be right.

God has been prompting me to share some things for several months, but I have, of course, been arguing with Him as to why that is necessary. In true Minnie form, I have argued until I've reached the point of exhaustion, so I am giving up and giving in to His promptings. I am letting down my guard and sharing things I have never shared before. I still don't see the relevancy, but I know God has a reason for His INSESTANT NAGGING ALREADY! :o)

So sit back, grab a good cup of coffee, and spend the week getting to know All About Me. I'm going to be learning things right along with you. Oh! The fun we're going to have. I can hardly wait. (I hope you know I'm totally saying this with clenched teeth.)

I have one rule, though. I don't do so well with gushy, so take it easy on me with the comments. If something I say has helped you in some way, or if God has spoken to you through me, then great. Let me know. But promise me you will not poor out pity or tell me how sorry you are for me. God orchestrated my life to happen the exact way it did, and I know His plans are perfect. I am not sorry for anything that has happened in my life, and neither should anyone else.

That said, here we go.

*So as soon as I wrote out the title, the sky just opened up and it started POORING DOWN RAIN outside. How freaky is that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home