Monday, February 20, 2006

This is the part where Jake will take my blogging humor seriously

Yesterday I told the kids we could spend today having a 'Pajama Party Day' since Jacob will be out of school.

My husband, the one who thinks you should NEVER go outside without shoes and that little boys shouldn't hang out in the house with just underwear on, looks at me and ensues the beloved eye-rolling.

I can already guess what's going on in his little brain.

My suspicions are confirmed:

Jake: "Well, I can already tell tomorrow is going to be a productive day." (DRENCHED in sarcasm)

Me (not out-loud, but to myself with a snicker): Ummm. Okay. Tell me how this will be any different from every other day...

**Just a JOKE, Jake!! I love you!!!!!!! I'm going to do some laundry now, just for you. :o) (Okay, and for me, too. I'm almost out of clean underwear.) But after the laundry I'm going back to the couch and finishing my Bon-Bons.

4 Comments:

At 2/20/2006 5:52 AM, Blogger Shelley said...

I don't know how to break this to you, but we may be married to the same man . . . .

 
At 2/20/2006 5:57 AM, Blogger Jeff Dowdle said...

You and Shelley must be long lost sisters.

 
At 2/20/2006 10:17 AM, Blogger PEZmama said...

I can't tell you how many times
I've thought "we'll never get out of our jammies."

And two of my kids can dress themselves.

So the fact that this happens to you only on days off from school make you like supermom, in my eyes.

But if you tell me that you all manage to get your teeth brushed every morning, I will never read this blog again.

 
At 2/20/2006 2:22 PM, Blogger Minnie said...

Ha! PEZmama, have I pulled the wool over your eyes, or WHAT?!

It is not uncommon for my husband to come home from work at 6:30 and find all of us still in our pj's. It is also not uncommon for me to stop at 8:00 at night and wonder, "Hmmm. I don't think I brushed my teeth today." So that is a big, fat 'NO' to me being Super Mom. I laughed out loud when I read that. Although, when my hair was long, people always told me I looked like Linda Carter... :o)
(How about that for a random fact?)

Jeff - I do think Shelly and I were separated at birth. The simple fact that we are both friends with Cathy Caroon says it all. :o) Be afraid. Be VERY afraid!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home