Monday, January 16, 2006

The Heavens Split Open and The Angels Sang!

There is a God and He LOOOOOVES me!!!!

Are you ready for some outstanding news?

**Drum Roll**

Kale pooped in the toilet tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And they all sang, Hallelujah!!!! Hallelujah!!!!

This has been the longest and hardest potty-training experience. He was getting it down before we moved - in JULY!!! But after that and up until now (that would be July to January, for those of you just joining us) he has straight up REFUSED to poop in the toilet.

I know this is probably the worst thing I could ever do, but I promised him after he finished that if he tells me tomorrow when he has to poop, that I'll take him to the store and buy him a bag of M&M's. HEY! At this point, whatever it takes to get me away from poop under my nails is what I'm putting into practice. So no judging!!

Nothing could ruin my night. (Not even my obnoxious husband standing over my shoulder, breathing down my neck, and farting and giggling in an attempt to annoy me as I type. Yes, Girls. He's taken. Sorry.)

This calls for a celebratory bowl of ice cream swimming in a pool of oozy caramel, topped off with a big mountain of Eazy Whip (an absolute staple in our house. It sits right next to the organic soy nuts and whole wheat tortillas. Who are you calling a hypocrite?)

4 Comments:

At 1/16/2006 11:01 PM, Blogger Shelley said...

I like what you have in your refrigerator better than what I have in mine!

Congratulations. I'm celebrating with you.

 
At 1/17/2006 1:28 AM, Blogger Minnie said...

So does "celebrating with you" mean you also turned up the stereo REALLY loud, danced a spastic jig, and made a fool of yourself (yes, more-so than usual)? If so, then SUPER!

And trust me - you don't WANT to know all of the oddities that are contained in my fridge. Trust me. If you knew, I don't think you'd want to be my friend. (I say that because I'm assuming that you presently desire to be BFF with me and exchange broken lockets. If I am being too presumptuous, then let me know so I can take the lockets back before I send them to be engraved. Thanks.)

 
At 1/18/2006 1:31 PM, Blogger Leslie said...

I knew I heard something!

Congrats! This is HUGE! HUGE!

 
At 1/18/2006 3:36 PM, Blogger Shelley said...

Go ahead and have the lockets engraved. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home