Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Some Needed Encouragement

This morning I spent an hour and a half on the phone with my sweet, sweet friend (you know who you are, and I can't tell you how much I love and appreciate you!). My dear friend is such a treasure and I know I can be ME when I'm with her. I can tell her whatever is on my mind, what's going on with me in my walk with God, what's bugging me about something...anything!

This morning I revealed some things to her that only a few people know about me (literally like two people). She did not judge me, she did not lecture me, she just listened. Then, when I was done talking, she spoke such awesome words of encouragement to me and lifted me up like I have been needing for so long. And then she prayed with me, right there on the phone.

Needless to say, I was an emotional wreck by the time we ended our conversation. But some of the things she said to me I really needed to hear, no matter how much I didn't want to hear it. I needed that kick in the pants; the reassurance that I have so many priceless gifts to offer and I'm not living up to what God has molded me to be. Instead I'm letting the devil paralyze me with fear and shame.

I am so blessed to have friends that will hold me accountable when I need it, that lend a shoulder, that let me be transparent and raw with them without fear of judgement. Friends that will stop me short in my tracks and tell me when I'm out of line, or reaffirm that what I'm going through is something that they themselves have gone through as well.

My friend, you are a rare treasure and I am so honored to have you in my life. You will never know the kind of impact your words made on me today, no matter how simple they may seem to you. Thank you for making me realize that I am a beautiful child of God and reminding me that I did not go through the hell I went through in my life for nothing. I went through it so I could glorify God later in my life and in my ministry.

Oh, I have a story to tell and even my closest friends don't know the half of it. I am picking my bible back up and I'm praying for God to reveal to me how He wants to use ME. The REAL me. The broken, hurt, abused, abandoned, ashamed, flawed ME.

2 Comments:

At 1/10/2006 12:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

WOW!!!! WOW! That post preaches! Hand in hand with my post today. Girl, your pursuit and your scriptures posted all over my house(your old house) reminds me that my house will be called a house of prayer! Thank you and I love you.

 
At 1/15/2006 9:29 PM, Blogger Leslie said...

I'm reading Anne LaMotte's book, Traveling Mercies. SHE has a story to tell as well and I for one am grateful she shares it. If God says, "no matter what" (and He says it over and over) then we must, if we are to call ourselves God's children, as well. I am praying for you right now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home