Friday, May 12, 2006

Now I Know My ABC's, Won't You Come and Read With Me?

Carol tagged me on the ABC's of my life.

Edited**: OH NO! I forgot 'U'!! Thanks PEZmama, for pointing out how retarded I am. ;o)

Accent: I moved around too much to develop one, but I have picked up a bit of that good ole' Southern twang combined with Jake's Pittsburgh, PA phrases. I hate it wen I catch myself sounding like I'm from The 'Burgh. *shudder*

Bible Book that I like: Hands down Isaiah.

Chore I don't care for: UGH! ALL of them! But since I have to pick just one, I would say cleaning the bathroom. Girls who live in a houseful of males, can you feel me on this one?

Dog or Cat: Absolutely, without a doubt Dogs. I abhor cats. But the dog has to be a cool dog. Not one of those "Kick Me, Yip Yap" kind that make you want to slit your wrists if you have to listen to them yap ONE. MORE. TIME! (My grandmother has two of these that go EVERYWHERE with her. *snarl*)

Essential Electronics: Cell Phone and computer. I don't own an iPOD (GASP!), but I really, really, REALLY want one. (Hint *Jake* Hint).

Favorite Cologne: Chanel: Allure. I've been wearing it for years.

Gold or Silver: Either/or. But I DO NOT MIX THEM, (Carol!! I'm shocked!) That is a BIG Jewelry No, No! In fact, if I am wearing gold jewelry, I will not wear my wedding ring because it does not match. Call me anal.

Handbag I Carry Most Often: I switch them out all the time, but the one I carry the most is one I got from Anthropology. It's BEU. TEE. FULL! (I must have this!)

Insomnia: Unfortunately, yes. It's in the genes. My mom, grandma, and every other female on that side of the family are all night owls.

Job Title: I've had so many! At the moment, it's wife and mom. We'll see what God has in store later on down the road. But for now, I'm totally digging what I'm doing.

Kids: Two boys, ages 6 and 3

Living Arrangements: Hunky Husband, two crazy boys, two ginormous dogs living in Suburban Wonderland in a home I never in my wildest dreams thought I'd be living in.

Most Admirable Trait: That's a tough one. I'm my own worst critic. I guess it would be my fabulous sense of humor. *wink*

Naughtiest Childhood Behavior: My mom raised me vegetarian and I got forced into taking a fist full of huge, nasty, stinky vitamins every morning. In an attempt to not take them, I would wait for my mom to leave the kitchen and drop them either down the drain or in my tall glass of ice-cold goats milk. MMMM! To this day I can not take vitamins or large pills that have an odor. During my pregnancies, my doctor had to prescribe me chewable prenatal vitamins.

Overnight Hospital Stays: Bleh! Can we just skip this letter? Two eye surgeries when I was a kid, two births, and, most recently, two week-long stints for my "Shaky Situation".

Phobias: Being in the dark anywhere near a wooded area. My Aunt lives in the country in Missouri and her house is surrounded by trees. I CAN NOT go outside of her house at night alone without my hair standing up on the back of my neck.

Quote: "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." -Eleanor Roosevelt

Religion: I'm with Carol. I'm a Christian, but I put zero stock in religion. It's all about the relationship with Jesus, Baby!

Siblings: I was raised an only child, but my dad remarried when I was a kid and I have a half-brother and two half-sisters that I absolutely adore.

Time I Wake Up: Wake up? Around 6:30. Actually get my butt out of the bed? Around 7:45.

Unusual Talent or Skill: I have two. 1) I can do a spot-on impersonation of "Goat Boy" from SNL. It freaks Jake out, thus requiring me to do it for him as often as possible. 2) I can balance a full beer pitcher on my head while hula-hooping. For a short period of time (while business was slow) I had paddle-balling included in this. But, alas, business picked up and I could no longer keep up my paddle-balling expertise.

Vegetable I Refuse to Eat: As I mentioned, I was raised vegetarian, so I love, love, love my veggies and I don't refuse to eat any of them. I'm not real hot on radishes or beets, though.

Worst Habit: Let's just say I am gross. So the bad habits are never-ending here. I will not divulge any of them because I know you will never look at me the same again and I don't think I can handle that kind of rejection.

X-rays: 1) Right elbow: broke it on the ice during practice (collided with another skater) when I was 13 (I used to be a competitive figure skater). 2) Left middle and ring fingers: a boy in my history class broke them after I slapped him in the face for pinching me on the butt in 6th grade. He later became my boyfriend when we were Juniors in high school. I had great taste in men. 3) Lots of back x-rays for my countless back injuries caused by years of skating. 4) Left foot last summer for a broken foot (not sure how I broke it. It was more of a stress fracture). 5) Most recently, well, you know the story.

Yummy Stuff I Cook: MMM! I love to cook! I guess my best stuff would be my NNO Pasta dish, my Italian Roast Beef, and I make a MEAN batch of fresh pico and guac. So good it'll make you want to slap yer momma!

Zoo Animal I Like Most: The orangutans! I love watching them climb all over and be mischievous. As far as favorite animal (non-zoo) it would have to be the giraffe. What a beautiful being with those long necks!

There you have it! I'm tagging Leslie, Shelly and Jeana.

9 Comments:

At 5/13/2006 5:49 PM, Blogger Leslie said...

Give me a few days, but I'll do it.

 
At 5/14/2006 11:05 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

:-)
Happy Mother's Day...
:-)
I just got my iPod a month ago and I LOVE IT! I hope you get one for Mother's Day...It's sooo cool.

You're so funny..

 
At 5/14/2006 9:47 PM, Blogger Carol said...

Yo Anal, so didn't you ever watch Rudolph? Siiiilver and gooold. Siiiilver and gooold.
Mix it up!

Dogs rule!

 
At 5/15/2006 7:26 AM, Blogger Kate said...

I had a thing with the silver and gold issue - big time. Until I got a two tone swiss army watch... that settled it all right there! ha!

How about you pass on that MEAN batch of fresh pico and guac to me??!! por favor? yo quiero un malo pico and quac receta!!! MMMMMMM!

 
At 5/15/2006 8:51 AM, Blogger Minnie said...

HA! You two crack me up. Especially the sad, sad attempt at 1) Singing that horrid song from Rudolph (that show gives me the creeps *shiver*) and 2) Kate's attempt at Spanglish.

It was a nice laugh to wake up to. :o) Thanks, girls!

 
At 5/15/2006 11:24 PM, Blogger PEZmama said...

U, U!

WHERE IS U?

Leslie tagged me because you tagged her... Now I have to follow the chain back to Carol - all in desperate search of the U!!!

 
At 5/16/2006 8:20 AM, Blogger Carol said...

U? There was a U? I'm not as observant as most.

 
At 5/16/2006 10:53 AM, Blogger PEZmama said...

Just for the record, I did not say that you are retarded. I would never say such a thing.

Not right in your comment section, anyway.

;)

 
At 5/16/2006 8:01 PM, Blogger Kate said...

Spanglish - pffft! Please! I guess that's the gringo in me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home