Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Works for Me Wednesday: It just LOOKS like I've been slaving over the stove all day

While trying to cope with medicine that makes me groggy and keep up with a big house, kids, chores, etc., I'm pretty notorious with Jake for not knowing what's for dinner....at 6:00pm. Because, well, all I really want to do is this.

So here's what works for me. (This works for me really well, also, by the way.)

On Sundays I take all of the meats that we will be eating for the week, throw them in a big zippy bag with my marinade of choice and toss it in the fridge. If I'm feeling extremely "I don't feel like cooking today" that day, I toss the meat in my crock pot with the new super-cool throw-away liners and "Voila!" Dinner is served!

No fuss, no muss, and no disgusting crock pot mess to clean up!

Hey! It works for me!!

3 Comments:

At 5/10/2006 9:48 AM, Blogger Jeana said...

Hey, thanks for the link! Great idea, by the way. I mean the nap. Althought the slow cooker is good too.

 
At 5/10/2006 9:24 PM, Blogger Carol said...

Okay. I love my crock pot! This idea plus my crock pot is really making my day a whole lot brighter!

Thanks!

P.S. How're you doing?

 
At 5/11/2006 7:50 AM, Blogger Aunt Murry said...

I've wondered about those slow cooker liners! Glad to know that they work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home