Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Some Things: Vol. 1: Brazilian Bikini Waxing and Other Fun Hobbies

Some Things I Love:

  • Fish Tacos - I'm from San Diego - the home of REAL Mexican food, not the Tex-Mex crap you get here in Texas. And don't say, "OOHH, Gross!" until you've tried them. They are uber delish!!!
  • Chocolate - Um, I'm a girl. It's a prerequisite. But not just any chocolate. I have my standards.
  • When the hubs brings me a big cup of coffee before I get out of bed. Evidence that he knows how to be sweet.
  • My new Baby-Poop-Green sweater I'm wearing. So much so that I've worn it 3 times in the last week. (Whatever - you know you do the same thing)
  • Getting in line at Starbucks before the five pretentious people who order science experiments instead of a stinkin' cup of coffee!

Some Things I Hate:

  • Getting stuck in line behind the above-mentioned coffee snobs at Starbucks. Please just order your Latte and move on. We all care so much about how special you think you are because you can order something so complicated you need a degree in Chemistry to make it and your complete disregard for the 15 other people behind you that need a caffeine fix and have three-year-olds pulling them in every direction.
  • Potty Training: 10 months and counting, People!! Someone save me from this endless pile of poop-stained underwear that I have to hide from the dogs or they'll chew a hole in them trying to get every last morsel of my kid's poop out of or they just. might. DIE!
  • Rude People: Come on, guys! Grab ahold of the corn cob and PULL!
  • People who criticize the way other churches "do" church. That's like one family telling another family how to raise their kids. Each family (church) does what works best for them. Now get over it and shut your trap.
  • The torn cuticle on my left thumb. It keeps getting caught on everything and ripping further. OUCH! (You'd be whining too! It hurts!) Incidentally, because of said torn cuticle, it has been decided that Jacob MUST learn to tie his own shoes NOW. It's not fun tying shoes with a flap of flesh hanging from your appendage. Trust me on this.

Some Things I'm Confused About:

  • Why does my male dog wait for my female dog to poop so he can run right over and have a nice, warm feast of her feces?! Um, GROSS!!
  • Locks on the doors at 7-11. (this may take some of you a while)
  • Moms that tell their child's age in months. "Tommy is 56 months today." He's 4!!!! Say it with me, "He's 4!"
  • People that order a McDonald's Super-Sized value meal with a Diet Coke. HUH?!
  • Brazilian Bikini Waxes: 'Nuf said

1 Comments:

At 12/14/2005 2:54 PM, Blogger Shelley said...

I sooooo feel your pain on the potty training thing. I hate it too. It is evil.

A friend of mine promises me that it will get better. She asked, "How many 15 year olds do you know who are still wearing diapers?" I told her none, but there are days that I think mine just may be the first one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home