Sunday, November 13, 2005

Home is Where the Hart is...Minnie Hart that is.

I'm home in Tulsa this weekend with the boys for a much-needed visit and time with the fam. I was able to book a jewelry show so I can write the whole trip off (plus go home with more dough in my pocket than when I came up here).

Right now I'm smelling the amazing scents of Grilled Pork Chops, Home Made Mac-N-Cheese, and Fried (yes, fried) Green Beans. MMMMM, MMMMM! So good it'll make you want to slap yer momma!

What is it about good ole' southern comfort food that makes your heart feel good?

Today at Sandy & Duane's church, they had a guest speaker that talked about the miracle of digestion. Not only the the ability to digest food that ends up turning into skin, bones, muscle, and tissue, but the ability to digest God's word and be made into the person He intended you to be.

I'm going to digest some good ole' comfort food and find comfort in some good ole' fruit from my Father. Then I'll probably take a nap. (Jealous??)

2 Comments:

At 11/16/2005 9:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love that! Fruit from my father!!

 
At 11/18/2005 9:42 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

nap, what's a nap?

My hubby and I met in Tulsa. I was going to school there and he was working. Tell it we said hi!

About the good ole' southern food...it's the total abandon of using lots of salt, lard, sugar...whatever it takes! :-) I love it too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home