Sunday, November 06, 2005

Marital Bliss?

For 8 weeks I took a Tuesday evening Power Source class (topical bible study) at Church entitled "Bliss or Miss". It was on marriage and it focused on how we, as wives, could make the first step to change ourselves and take the initiative to be the wives that God intended us to be, no matter if our husbands were behaving as godly men or not. It was truly life-changing and not only would I recommend you taking the class when it is offered again, but I CHALLENGE you to do so! Man, did I ever realize how much I needed to improve as a wife and how even the simplest actions reaped the BIGGEST rewards!!!

Now that my class has been over almost two weeks, I feel myself slowly slipping into my old habits of being disrespectful and easily irritated. I took this class for a permanent change in my marriage, not just a 'quick fix'. I am praying that I have the ability to hold my tounge when I'm about to say something I shouldn't and for me to make the first move to get our relationship back on track. No one ever said marrige would be this much work, but I'm in this thing to the end, baby! I'm going to make it the best that God has intended for us or die trying!!

2 Comments:

At 11/06/2005 9:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing that. I do need to hold my tongue as well but it is so hard. Accountability is the best thing for us wives.

 
At 11/08/2005 11:42 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

My hubby and I just attended a "Marriage Tune Up" at our church. Isn't it funny how we can be going along and feeling like we're doing our best and something like this comes along and opens our eyes to how much more we can do to be great women and great wives.

I always think I've heard it all and then I hear more and realize I only know a tiny bit.

It really is amazing how changing ourselves for the better can make a change in our entire household.

GOD IS GREAT!

I found your blog through Amanda's blog. I hope you don't mind if I visit you and comment. Come visit me and feel free to comment, or not...Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home