Sunday, November 06, 2005

Secret Code??

My three-year-old, Kale, is still potty training. With all of the change in scenery and such during our move (we lived with my MIL for 2 months while we were waiting on our house to be completed), we put him back in Pull-Ups because he decided to block out the previous 4 months of blood, sweat and tears that went in to potty training him. Now that we're in our house, he has the #1 thing down just fine, but what is up with boys and pooping??!! My oldest son went through this, too, so I know it's not just Kale. It's like he wakes up in the mornings and his sole mission is to figure out a new way to poop somewhere that doesn't end up in the toilet. And what is up with the timing?? Do they all decide to let loose when you're walking out the door? And it's always when you're running late. Is there some secret 'Kid Code' that I don't know about?

When you're pregnant, no one ever tells you these things. No one ever tells you that you will have someone else's poo under your fingernails, on your hands, and on your clothes. *By the way - if you ever notice something is under your nails and you think it's chocolate - don't eat it!!! I speak from personal experience. No one ever tells you that you can't have a phone conversation while your son is on the toilet for fear of embarrassment when they call out for all to hear, "MOOOOOOM! I'm done pooping! Come wipe me!" Of coarse, at this point, I'll gladly welcome that scenario, because that would mean he's actually sitting on the toilet!!

I want to get my hands on this Secret Code. It's probably chocked full of great things like "How to scream loud enough for ALL of Wal-Mart to hear you!", "Never let Mommy use the bathroom alone" and, my personal favorite, "When you feel like you need to throw up in the middle of the night, ALWAYS go to your mom's side of the bed and let it loose".

Ahhhhh! The joys of motherhood! :o)

1 Comments:

At 11/06/2005 9:07 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Well, it is kind of funny because I have the complete opposite issue. Josiah will not poop in his pants because he does not like it to touch him. He always says he needs to go potty whenever he has to poop. I can't get him to pee on the potty. He pees on the potty but he won't tell me when he needs to so it is quite annoying to me as well. I am really trying to get him potty trained so I will have one less kid in diapers!! So far it is pull ups in the day and diaper while sleeping. I know that when I put him on the toilet every thirty minutes while we are at home, he pees on the toilet. I have heard many people say that you need to be at home every single day for one week to get them trained. So, I need to do that! It's hard though! I feel your pain!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home