Wednesday, November 23, 2005

I Couldn't Have Said It Better

A friend of mine wrote a post a while back on Proposition 2 (the Texas Marriage Amendment) and I just came across it yesterday. I know the vote is over and the amendment passed, and this is probably a mute point by now, but I think it is still worth reading and stopping for a moment to analyze our own agendas. This was my favorite part:

"Jesus seemed to link sins and sickness in a way that makes me uncomfortable. When he heals a paralytic he says, “Your sins are forgiven.” What does that mean? I don’t fully understand the connection, but I know that sin and sickness were equally birthed in a garden a long time ago, and perhaps it would help if we gave them equal care. I’m not sure what that entails; smarter people than me can make suggestions. But I was bothered that on Tuesday, I received four e-mails in one day urging me to keep homosexuals from marrying, and yet I have never received a single e-mail urging me to keep them from dying."

You can read the entire post here.

3 Comments:

At 11/27/2005 12:12 PM, Blogger Leslie said...

Hi Minnie,

Thank you for the kind word. I'm enjoying reading your blog, but it reminds me how much I miss seeing you and Jake at the Grapevine Campus. But I've heard from a reliable source that you are both a vital part of everything that is happening at Alliance. And much fun to have around. Things I already knew.

 
At 11/27/2005 10:48 PM, Blogger Minnie said...

Thanks, Leslie!!
I miss seeing all of you guys at Grapevine, but we are having so much fun at Alliance.

It still amazes me each week that I get to see first-hand the life change that is happening to so many hundreds of people. We get to watch them walk in the doors for the first time, watch them go through Newcomers Class, get Baptized, and get plugged in. That's not really possible to do at the "Mother Ship" (so I like to call it). It is a constant reminder that they are not that different from me, because that was me just 6 years ago - walking in to a church (when I SWORE I would never darken the doorway) un-married with a new baby and an empty spot in my heart that I later found could only be filled with the love of Jesus. Sort of gives you no choice but to be humbled.

I am truly enjoying your blog and I am seriously thinking about joining you on the 90-Day Bible study.

Kiss those sweet kiddos for me and I hope we run into each other soon!! :o)

 
At 11/30/2005 12:38 PM, Blogger Robin said...

Minnie,

I didn't know you had a blog. I'll have to add you to my bloglines. I think we ought to have a Blogging Mommies Convention FC style!

Look forward to reading...

Robin Storch

 

Post a Comment

<< Home