Saturday, November 19, 2005

Just UN-do it!

So I went in to change the look of my blog (because I realized that WAAAAY too many people were using the cutsy pink look), and I lost ALL of my links and a bunch of other stuff! What's up with THAT, Blogger?!?! Can't a girl make a few minor changes without losing everything she's worked hard on? I'm not a techy...that stuff took me FOR-EVER to figure out. Isn't there an "un-do" button or something I can push to get it all back???

I wish life had an "un-do" button, don't you? Like when your mouth speaks before your brain can say "NO! Don't audibly say what you're thinking!" Or when you flash back to an old boyfriend and say, "What was I THINKING?!" I would give anything to be able to go back and erase ever having premarital sex....with waaaaaayyyyy too many people. To erase saying horrible things to people I love. To erase not doing marriage God's way instead of MY way. To erase ever doing drugs and drinking.

I made a lot of choices in my past that I wish I could go through and hit the "un-do" button - I'm sure everyone has, but I know that God allowed every detail of my life to happen the way it did for a reason. I know that every bad choice, every bad boyfriend, every night of partying until I couldn't think straight, every sexual encounter will eventually be used for His glory; to help reach out to someone who doesn't know Him.

So instead of dwelling on the mistakes I've made (or pretending they never happened) and begging God to "Just UN-do It!", I'll go to bed tonight knowing that He has a plan and a purpose for me that wouldn't be the same without all of my "junk".

1 Comments:

At 11/19/2005 9:44 PM, Blogger Shelley said...

You are so right. I spent a lot of time wishing for an undo button. What a waste of time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home