Friday, July 14, 2006

I'm Still Here!

I just wanted to drop in an say hi and let you all know I'm still alive and kickin'!

Okay, so I've been Super-Slacker-Blogger as of late, but who can blame me when I have this, this, this, this, and this to enjoy right in my own neighborhood? (Amanda, you need to get your butt in a bathing suit and get over here STAT!)

Today is the first day this week that we haven't made it down the street to swim (the day is still young...that could easily change). But I promise I haven't forgotten all of you! We're just enjoying this phenomenal blessing God has given to us and not missing a moment of being able to take advantage of having such an amazing facility right at our fingertips. Besides, what other ways are there to entertain yourselves in the middle of July in the blistering Texas heat? Anything without water just doesn't appeal. Also, it's a good way to keep the house somewhat clean when there's no one here to mess it up. Although it does interfere with meal planning. The fact that I fed my kids cereal for dinner the other night is a great example.

In other news, I have officially been off medication (against my doctor's best wishes, of course) for 6 weeks and have remained SEIZURE FREE! Did you read that? SEIZURE FREE my friends! With NO MEDICINE! This was something I prayed HEAVILY over and every scripture God led me to told me that He was going to take care of it - that medicine was not the answer. This explained heartily why I was still having so many seizures while on anti-seizure medication - because I wasn't supposed to be relying on it, but instead relying on the Lord for healing. All glory goes to Him. Thank you all for your prayers for me and my family. They are being answered!! :o)

Now I'm off to shower (and possibly swim - who knows)!

Happy Day!

7 Comments:

At 7/14/2006 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats on seizure free. ever find out what was wrong?

 
At 7/14/2006 3:54 PM, Blogger Minnie said...

I was diagnosed with a form of Epileptic Seizures called 'Focal Seizures' (some call them Partial Seizures). This form causes only part of the brain to seize (in my case, it was the left side of my brain) as opposed to a 'Grand Mal Seizure' where the whole brain seizes.

 
At 7/15/2006 9:29 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

So are we PROCLAIMING that God has HEALED YOU!?? I think He has!

So can we come on Monday?

We were gone all day yesterday to BBR Splash and had a blast! (in our city, remember?)

Since I loaned my maternity clothes out and they got "lost", I now have nothing but I ordered a maternity bathing suit online from Old Navy. But yesterday I wore my bikini and showed my 3 month baby belly (bigger than most since this is my 3rd) and other parts that have grown in a big way! Now would be a perfect time for me to become a bra model! So since my bathing suit probably will not be here until middle of week, you will have to be seen with me in a bikini. My friend swore I looked fine but she could be lying!

So sorry to take so much space up talking about MYSELF but can we come on Monday or Wednesday? Man, I want to go down those slides!

I love you Minnie!

 
At 7/17/2006 1:50 AM, Blogger Leslie said...

Minnie, I am so glad to hear that things are going well. Tell everyone that I said hello.

 
At 7/19/2006 8:30 PM, Blogger Kate said...

yeah baby, that's what I'm talkin' about - answered prayers! i'm so so happy for you. and so glad you are hangin' out at the pool, getting a good tan and havin' fun with your kiddos! keep us posted on how you are por favor! :)

 
At 7/30/2006 12:37 AM, Blogger Carol said...

Well, I'm glad to hear that you were seizure free for six weeks. Let's see...you posted this two weeks ago - the day after I went on vacation. I was gone for two weeks and am just now getting home and reading this. So, is it now safe to assume you've been off meds and seizure-free for eight weeks now?

 
At 8/01/2006 10:12 PM, Blogger Free In Christ said...

I just wanted you to know that I mentioned you on my blog. Actually, you were very inspirational to me this weekend when I read the blog about your sons decision.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home