Thursday, June 29, 2006

The Best Day EVER!


Monday morning Jake and I dropped Jacob off for his first year of Kid's Camp for church. Sunday night we colored his hair red (to match his team color) and got him all packed up. He could hardly contain himself he was so excited.

When I dropped him off I silently prayed for this to be an experience of his lifetime; something he'd never forget.

This morning I received a phone call from my very good friend, Corrie. She was telling me how she had gone up to the camp Wednesday night to help out with some things and she saw my sweet boy. She said he was happy and having a great time.

Then she gave me the news.

Wednesday night was the night they gave the message of Salvation. 150 kids raised their hands to say they were ready to accept Christ!!! Isn't that INCREDIBLE?! Want to know what's even more incredible?

My Jacob was one of them!!!!!!!!!!

I can't even describe the emotions going on inside me right now. I haven't stopped crying since she told me. I guess a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Perhaps this is a confirmation that Jake and I have truly turned our family down a much different path than the one we were raised on.

I always promised myself that my kids would have it different. That I would do all it takes to raise them in a godly home and give them a better life than I had.

I'm not talking material things, I'm talking about growing up with an actual family with a mom AND a dad, with unconditional love, with strong moral values, with an undying love for Christ. All the things I never had growing up.

We are soooo blessed to be a part of Fellowship Church. If it weren't for their decision to share Jesus in a creative, relevant way, I never would have given God a second thought, nor would I have continued to come to church. And if it weren't for their dedication to age-appropriate teaching for kids and keeping church exciting and fun, I'm certain Jacob would not have made the decision he did.

This is truly one of the happiest days of my life.

Come rejoice with me!!!

15 Comments:

At 6/29/2006 10:52 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Hooray! Hooray, hooray, hooray! I can't wait for that for our family!!!

(And as a less-important sidenote, I've subscribed to you in Bloglines, but this post didn't show up. Do you know what I'm doing wrong? I'm having that problem lately with lots of blogs.)

 
At 6/29/2006 11:06 AM, Blogger Jeana said...

Minnie, that is so exciting! (Joining the angels in their celebration)

On a sidenote, it showed up for me in Bloglines--sometimes it takes a few minutes, maybe that's the issue?

 
At 6/29/2006 11:45 AM, Blogger Jeff Dowdle said...

Very exciting, I can only imagine how you are feeling.

 
At 6/29/2006 12:28 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

What an amazing milestone for your family. Joy. Joy. Joy. Yippee!

 
At 6/29/2006 1:23 PM, Blogger Robin said...

Well, now I'm crying. That is so wonderful!!!

Sarah, if you just subscribed, it may take a few for it to pick up the most recent post.

 
At 6/29/2006 3:53 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

That is wonderful! God is awesome! I am so excited that he went to camp. My mom would be proud too of your dye job on Jacob! :)

I love you Minnie!

 
At 6/29/2006 4:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So amazing Minnie but also the reason why I serve every year to witness God's amazing grace in these blessings in our lives! It was my 4th year to serve at camp and I can't tell you how many kids came up to give me a hug remembering me from years past. Each and every one of them have a special place in my heart and every year God introduces me to more and gives me the pleasure of showing His awesome goodness to them. I praise God for Fellowship as you are "right on" with the delivery of the message. Got 'him!!! (just as we all pray!)

Congrats to Jacob and now let the WALK begin...!

Love, Trish

 
At 6/29/2006 6:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shirley says: praise God in the highest, as I write with clouded vision, I picture your sweet mommie dancing in heaven. what a rejoicing the angels are doing. I love you to the sky.

 
At 7/01/2006 11:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Minnie and Jake!! what an exciting time in jacobs life! I look at moments like these as a HUGE pat on the back from God, "well done good and faithful one", we as parents thrive on those reassuring moments from God, like when Caden prays before dinner dear God..... Amen!
love you!! thanks for sharing!!
the floyds

 
At 7/01/2006 3:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for your family!!! I share in your joy--Lea accepted Christ too!!! How cool is it that our families will be together for eternity!!!! Yea God!!!

 
At 7/06/2006 1:37 AM, Blogger Leslie said...

Wonderful! Wonderful! Wonderful! I am so excited for you all. I look forward to seeing God's plan unfold among all the Hart family.

 
At 7/06/2006 10:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Jacob! i am so proud of him! Welcome to the family

 
At 7/27/2006 8:55 PM, Blogger Free In Christ said...

Okay, this post is only 1 month old, and I just read it.

That is absolutely awesome! I'm very excited for you. God is truly honoring you with the decisions you and your husband have made. Break that cycle. Praise the Lord.

Melissa

 
At 8/23/2006 8:38 AM, Blogger Wendy said...

Just found your blog and have enjoyed reading it, especially this post.

What GREAT news!

 
At 9/02/2006 8:12 PM, Blogger Goslyn said...

Yay Jacob! (And Yay Jesus!) I am so glad your family is headed down the straight and narrow path.

And, even though I don't know y'all, I am proud of Jacob for making such a good choice.

Yippe!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home