Friday, November 09, 2007

Hello, Old Friend


I highly doubt any of my old readers have kept me on their Bloglines subscriptions, and I'm pretty sure the rest of my old readers stopped checking in a long time ago to see if I had posted anything new. As you can see, it has been an entire year since my last post and BOY! has a lot happened in that year!


God is bringing me on a journey that is both exciting as well as petrifying. I was apparently a little too content and comfortable in my little world, so He thought I needed a little shake-up to make things a bit more exciting.


We were swindled out of a ton of money by my husband's old boss at the end of last year, and from there we have sort of been swirling the drain. At first it looked like things would be fine, but as time went on, we realized that swirling seemed to be getting faster and faster and we were about to go under.


In the past few weeks I have had to sell my beautiful car, we have had to put our dream home on the market, and now we are trying to figure out where in the world God is taking us next. At this point, I'm up for anything! He has managed to humble me to the point that none of the things I found so important before hold ANY importance now. I'm without a car, but I don't seem to care. I'm about to have to give up my dream home, but instead of being devastated, I'm excited to see where God is going to take me. 6 months ago I would have thought it was the end of the world and wondering what I had done wrong, but now I realize that He is bringing me to my knees so I will be focused solely on HIM. Not my house, not what's in fashion, not what kind of car I'm driving. Just Him.


So here I am, God! Bring on the change!!!

5 Comments:

At 11/09/2007 11:08 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

It's the best place to be! :) We are still there. :)

I love you sweet friend!

 
At 11/17/2007 10:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there, girl! Been there, done that. As long as you have your sense of humour, you'll be fine. Enjoy the adventure of not knowing what tomorrow will bring, it teaches you to be brave. If you ever have a terrible day, pining for the dream house you may have lost, just remember where your eternal home is (and big bonus... no one can take that one away from you!) Good luck!

 
At 11/20/2007 1:00 PM, Blogger Kate said...

Oh Minnie! I just thought of you today and checked in. It's great to hear your update - as A says - it's the best place to be. I'll be praying for you as God leads you to where He wants you all to be. :)
Hugs!!

 
At 11/25/2007 11:49 AM, Blogger Shelley said...

Hey there. Just popped in today for the first time in a long time. Thinking of you. Praying for you. My hands and feet are yours if you need.

 
At 12/19/2007 9:39 PM, Blogger Free In Christ said...

I jsut stopped by again for the first time in, uh, forever. Well, I oftened would wonder about you, and I'm so glad I revisited.

What a wonderful attitude. I'm sure it is hard, and some days more than others. God is faitful. I will pray for your family.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home