Saturday, October 07, 2006

Product Review: O-Cel-O Scrub & Wipe Sponges



In my house we go through many 'o sponges due to the countless cheesy, egg-y dishes I scrub clean, the ginourmous counters I have to wipe down daily, plus all of the other surfaces requiring a squeaky clean shine.

Yesterday I waltzed into my beloved neighborhood Super Target to purchase dinner items and, yet again, replacement sponges for the kitchen. For years I have used Scotch brand No-Scratch blue sponges for my kitchen cleaning, but I have to replace them constantly.

Upon searching for my normal sponge selections, what do my wondering eyes should appear, but a colorful and lovely new invention that made my heart skip a beat and made me weak in the knees.

Behold, Dear Friendternets, the O-Cel-O Scrub and Wipe Sponges! They are two-sided with the first side consisting of a scratchy surface, only this time it's made of vinyl and rubber making it RINSE CLEAN after you scrub melted cheese off of pans or caked-on eggs off of your favorite skillet. The opposite side is made of a soft, plushy wash cloth fabric enabling me to wipe down my granite counters and leave them beautilicious and streak-free. Did I mention the fact that they RINSE CLEAN and don't hold on to yucky food gunk??

Since purchasing the first one to test, I have now returned to purchase 4 more to place around the house in all of the bathrooms. This is how much I love me some Scrub & Wipe Sponges! Now GO! Put them on your shopping list! You'll thank me for it. And I'll be thanking 3M for coming up with yet another ingenious product that I can not live without, with the Post-It being on the very top of that list.

8 Comments:

At 10/07/2006 1:33 PM, Blogger Jodi said...

Can you also contact Costco and tell them to carry these? I too go through a zillion sponges, so I buy them in the econo pack at costco, but they need to start carrying these!!! And maybe Cel-o, should send you a check for being such a good spokesperson!!! Thanks for the advice!! :)

 
At 10/07/2006 2:04 PM, Blogger Scribbit said...

Are you listening Costco? I agree.

 
At 10/08/2006 7:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I totally "get" your sponge obsession - are we soulsisters??? As soon as I read this post I promptly went to my fridge to write this product on the "essentials for the week" list!!!

;) Can you say OCD??

Thank you - I'll be sure to let you know how much i love them - because I am aure I will!!

 
At 10/09/2006 10:09 PM, Blogger Kate said...

Verrrrrrrrrrry Coooooo !!!
I need me some new ones (although I love this brand - they have "cute"
designs too!)

 
At 10/10/2006 1:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you. I love sponges. I will definitely put these on my list. A few months ago I posted on how I loved the Magic sponge and now I can add this thing. It looks great.

 
At 10/12/2006 11:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds WONDERFUL! Thanks for the tip.

Sorry I've almost disappeared from the blogosphere! I have been SUPER busy, but I've gotten alot accomplished.

Good to read your blog again!

Kilikina

My Blog
Email Me

 
At 10/13/2006 1:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*sigh* I sooooooo miss Target.

 
At 2/12/2007 9:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally, someone who shares my love of these sponges! They are the best and I am nervous because I am on my last one and my Target has not had them on the shelf the last 2 times I was there. I am thinking of stocking up big time so as to never run out! I may have to order a large quantity on line.

Nice to read your review and profile!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home