Friday, September 01, 2006

Nanny, Nanny, Boo, Boo! Guess who I got to MIRL with!

For the last several months I have been lurking on a certain person's blog, commenting once in a while (but always intimidated to do so because she is a TOTALLY GIFTED writer, sucking me in daily with her mesmerizing accounts of everyday life and occasionally causing me to spew whatever beverage I'm consuming all over my desk and computer screen), and secretly wishing I could "MIRL" with her.

Well, Ladies and Gents, I am here to state that God cares about even our teeny-tiniest desires and He is willing to make them happen!

At the beginning of the week I got an email from this "certain person" asking ME if I would be interested in joining her for lunch. *commence loud squealing* I calmly and coolly responded that, yes (Ohmygoodness!), I would, in fact, love to get together. I never vocalised to anyone that I was interested in meeting her, but God knew. He also knows I'm too chicken to have ever asked her myself. That's why the Good Lord brain-washed her into thinking she would want to meet me. HA!

So yesterday I nervously walked into a local restaurant and was greeted with a warm smile and big ole' hug by the oh-so-famous Antique Mommy. Before I met with her, I was a little nervous if she would take me seriously or judge me by my appearance. None of that ever took place. In fact, I felt like I was sitting down with someone I had known my entire life. She's way cool, comical, witty, and told me a bit of her story that has me completely blown away and yearning to hear more.

I can't wait for many more lunches and more great conversation! (By 'conversation' I mean me babbling on incessantly not giving her a word in edge wise)

Her account of our lunch date is entirely more compelling than I could ever conjure up, so be sure to read her version here.

5 Comments:

At 9/01/2006 9:19 PM, Blogger molly said...

I love Antique Mommy's site and came over here after reading about you at her site and looking at the picture link she had posted. Seeing you reading your book while your two boys are gagged and tied at your feet is quite possibly one of the funniest mommy visuals I have experienced on the internet. I'm still laughing. Nice to meet you.

 
At 9/02/2006 3:27 PM, Blogger Pieces said...

Jealous! That's me. It sounds like you two had a wonderful time!

 
At 9/03/2006 9:00 PM, Blogger Kate said...

So... if I'm ever down in Texas, can I look you up? (I love that song by the way!) That's way cool you all got to meet in real life. I hope this is a friendship that blossoms more and more for the both of you!

 
At 9/03/2006 11:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read Antique Mommys account first and that is how I ended up here. You are right, she is one of the most gifted writers I have come across. I was reading your posts and have to say you are pretty gifted yourself. Like I commented on her blog, enjoy your new friend.

 
At 9/03/2006 11:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW, my post above is actually not anonymous, but my beta blogger won't let me leave a comment under my name so that is why I left it anonymous. I am at christinasallthatblog.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home