Okay, so I've been a HUGE Bloggy Slacker for the past, oh, several months. Especially these past several weeks. But I have been BUSY y'all! And when I haven't been running around like a chicken with my head cut off, I haven't really had anything profound to write about. Today is no exception, but you're getting a post from me anyway. So here's what's on this little mind of mine:
- Jake has been working out of town in Kansas for the past 2 weeks and will not be back until this weekend. He did make it home for a few days this past weekend for a VERY important event (you'll see in a minute) and left again this morning before the sun even came out. All I have to say is my appreciation for my mother and all other single moms, military moms, and moms who's husbands travel has skyrocketed. I always knew it was hard on my mom raising me alone, but I had NO IDEA how hard it truly is to be the only parent 24-hours a day. And I'm not even trying to juggle a job and go to school while doing this Mom Thing! Last night was my very first time to be truly alone, and that only lasted about 20 minutes while Jake took the boys with him to go grab a bag of potatoes from the store. I am SO READY for a break!
- As some of you know, Jacob prayed this past summer at Kid's Camp for Jesus to take up permanent residence in his heart. Well, on Saturday he made his faith public by getting baptised! WOO HOO! It was one of the greatest moments of my life. I got to actually witness my baby boy being Born Again. Words can not describe. I got some great pictures and video that I'll post later.
- In regards to my last post on my indecision of whether to go Mac or PC on my next computer, I am really leaning towards Mac. There are several reasons, but the biggest ones being that Macs aren't susceptible to viruses, adware, and other yucky stuff I don't want creeping on my computer. Plus, I can do WAAAAY cooler stuff on a Mac. BUT! My final decision still hasn't been made. I still may end up getting a "Dell, Dude!". Honestly, anything is better than this piece of you-know-what I'm working with now. So for all of you that gave me some really great pros and cons on both, THANK YOU! Because Lord knows I am NOT technically gifted.
- After struggling to keep my house in order for the past year (and failing MISERABLY, I might add), I decided to finally try out "The Ladies". The Ladies are here right now and I can't begin to describe my love for them. Before they came over I was in a tizzy grabbing any and all clutter, random blankets laying across couches, papers laying all over any flat surface, and what seemed to be my entire shoe collection strewn across the house (but in reality it was only a small fraction) and just threw it all into my big 'ole bedroom closet. I thought "Oh, they'll never clean my closet". Well, I was wrong. Dead wrong, my friends. I went into my bedroom to find my closet, my bathroom, by bedroom all SPOTLESS and Picture Perfect!! They had taken every blanket and folded it neatly in a nice pile in the closet, lined up every pair of shoes, neatly stacked any and all random papers laying about, and hung up all of my clothes that were haphazardly draped over my clothes rod. I am officially The Ladies Fan Club President and I will be offering to pay them double what they quoted me simply for the amount of hair they have prevented me from pulling out of my head over the stress of trying to keep up with this monster house. Do you think they might find it offensive if I try to give them a big, huge hug before they leave?
- I'm currently reading A Woman After God's Own Heart by Elizabeth George for a Women's-Only bible Study at church. I've heard about and seen this book eleventy-million times before, but always shrugged it off as another one of those "feel good" books. OH MY GOODNESS was I wrong! I love her writing style and her amazing view of scripture, not to mention her ingenious allegories. I highly recommend picking this up. You'll be glad you did.
- I realized this morning that out of the past, oh, 14 days, I have not worn a baseball cap for 4 of them. This is a big no-no in my personal appearance handbook. But I have been either too lazy or too busy to actually take the whole five minutes out of my morning to fix my hair. Seriously, y'all. It only takes me five minutes to fix it, yet I haven't mustered up the energy to do it. What's next? Not brushing my teeth? This is going against every moral fiber in my body that says I MUST be put together when I leave the house. But I've been telling myself it's okay because I make sure to wear some sassy earrings and slap on some lip gloss before I walk out the door donning my grungy baseball cap for the 6th day in a row. I need my husband back home. I'm turning into the Frumpy Housewife I swore I'd never become. I've realized he is my only motivation to look like I give a hoot about my appearance. So, Jake, get back home already so I can have a reason to look cute again!!! (And so I can smooch you.)
That's all that's rattling around in this pea brain of mine. I promise to come up with something a little more profound next time. Or not. We'll see. I'm off to sit and gaze at my spotless shower doors and roll around on the pretty carpet that I haven't seen in months and almost forgot existed.