Monday, January 23, 2006

'Girl Meets God' and 'Night'


I bought myself 'Night' by Elie Wiesel Friday night. A little pre-birthday present from myself just in case my real presents were disappointing.** I have only sat down to read it twice so far, but I can already tell you that this is my new favorite book. I will even be so bold as to say that I think this should be required reading for everyone. It is the most gripping, gut-wrenching book I have ever read. Like I said, I have only sat down twice to read it but I'm already almost done with it. It's such an easy read and only 144 pages long.

My very good friend, Darlene (who by the way is abandoning me to move to Phoenix and I am demanding she start a blog of her own so I can still feel like I'm part of her life when she's gone) just gave me 'girl meets god' by Lauren Winner for my birthday present (along with a mini creme brulee and some yummy focaccia bread - she knows I have a disturbing love of food). I need to hurry up and finish 'Night' so I can get started on this new one. I'm so excited!!! (Thanks, Dar!!!)

**They actually rocked, surprisingly. My friend, Cathy gave me some really cool stationary (I LOVE funky stationary), my friend Corrie gave me a wicked cool cross for the house, and Jake gave me the Sonicare toothbrush I've been dying to get since they came out.

3 Comments:

At 1/23/2006 8:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's the "Girl Meets God" about? I can't get my dumb Amazon to work, so I can't read any descriptions.
Kristina

 
At 1/26/2006 12:02 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I want to read those books now! Let me know how they are!

 
At 1/27/2006 10:09 AM, Blogger Minnie said...

Sorry for the slow response, girls.

Knight was AWESOME!! I finished it the other day. Definitely a must-read.

Girl Meets God is a memoir of a girl who's dad is Jewish and her mom is a non-practicing Southern Baptist. It's basically her journey to finding Christ. I've just started it this morning, but so far it's really a good read.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home