Saturday, January 21, 2006

Admitting You Have A Problem Is The First Step To Recovery

Can you hear that? That's the sound of me yanking out my hair and banging my head against my desk (well, really it's a Rubbermaid folding table. My desk broke in the move, but let's just pretend. Mmmkay?) It's also the sound of me going into spastic convulsions and foaming at the mouth.

"Over What?" you say.

Since Wednesday evening our Router has been out, thus forcing me to be disconnected from the internet. I know. You're gasping at the horror. The mere thought of not having 24/7 access to the internet is just an atrocity you probably don't even want to picture, let alone GO through.

You never know how dependant you are on something until you have to go without it for a while. I had my first taste of this when I kicked my crack habit, so I knew what to expect somewhat (I KID! No hate mail, please).

Let me just say, OH. MY. I had no idea what I was going to do if I couldn't check my email (which, by the way, I had over 60 emails in my box and about 30 that had to be answered - YIKES!). If I couldn't stop by my favorite blogs to see the amazingly witty things they had to say that day.

By the end of the day Thursday I had a tick in my eye and I found myself babbling uncontrollably. I would walk by my office and just gaze at the computer through the windows on the doors with a longing that was almost unbearable. I just stood there with my face and hands squished against the glass, my breath making little clouds of fog. A few times I got a little misty, but I was able to pull through it with a strong spirit.

But thanks to the genius of my husband, he fixed the problem last night while I was out with the girls (I'll post about that later). Surprisingly enough, my hiatus from my little crack machine actually had an effect on me, because it's almost 5:00pm and I'm just now sitting down to see what I've missed out on. Aren't you impressed? I have to admit I'm a bit shocked.

I guess admitting there was a problem was the first step.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home